Les misérables / Victor Hugo ; an unabridged translation by Lee Fahnestock and Norman MacAfee, based on the classic C.E. Wilbour translation ; with an introduction by Lee Fahnestock ; and a new afterword by Chris Bohjalian.
- ISBN: 045141943X : PAP
- ISBN: 9780451419439 : PAP
- ISBN: 9780451419439 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 045141943X (pbk.)
- Physical Description: xix, 1468 pages ; 18 cm.
- Edition: Complete and Unabridged paperback edition; First Signet Classics printing (Bohjalian Afterword).
- Publisher: New York : Signet Classics, 2013.
- Copyright: ©1987
"The only complete and unabridged paperback edition"--Cover.
Work originally published: 1862.
"Basis of the magnificent theater musical, with a new afterword by Chris Bohjalian"--Cover.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 1475-1476).
Story of Jean Valjean, the ex-convict who rises against all odds from galley slave to mayor, and the fanatical police inspector Javert who dedicates his life to recapturing him.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Ex-convicts > Fiction.
Orphans > Fiction.
France > Social conditions > Fiction.
France > History > July Revolution, 1830 > Fiction.
Paris (France) > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- 2 of 2 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Mark Twain Library Association - Redding.
- 0 current holds with 2 total copies.
Other Formats and Editions
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Mark Twain Library Association - Redding||FIC Hug (pbk) (Text)||33620153600057||Adult Fiction||Available||-|